Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another private lesson....

We went back up to NH on July 28th for another lesson with Julia. This time, she had me do all of the handling of Thorne. I have to say the entire training that day couldn't have went better. She had faith in me which in turn gave me confidence when it came time for other Dobes to come into the room, one that Thorne has never met before and one in tact male. Both times, Thorne responded well to my handling, no aggressive reactions. I was proud of him and myself :)
It was a very good session.
Since then, Rob has taken Thorne to the park and his reactions to other dogs is improving greatly. Can't say the same for his own neighborhood though :( He seems much more reactive to other dogs when not far from his house or sees them from within our yard. I wonder if it's because he's so attached to our other dog Maggie that he feels need to protect her in this area.
Still, there is progress being made and we will continue to make progress. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

No comments: