Friday, June 27, 2008

Woo Hoo, Pups were born!!


 Got the wonderful news yesterday via email from our Breeder. A litter of eight puppies, 2 girls and 6 boys were born. I can’t wait to see pics :)

   Rob, Kyle and I have been tossing names around for awhile now and came up with one today we really agree on and like......

Thorne ....

My son, Kyle was reading through some

names on the internet and thought of 

Thorn(e) as in the Lost Boys movie -

Max the head vampire had a dog named

Thorn. We prefer the spelling with an 

E at the end. 

So, of course, I started investigating the

name and found out there was a famous

artist (she was famous for her dog art)

from the 1920’s, 30’s and 40’s era.

Her name was Diana Thorne

and she attended art school in Berlin,

Germany for many years. Dobermans are 

German and I love the era around the 1930’s....so it works for me ;) I found a couple of Dobie

drawings she had done and they're posted here... I added the name Thorne to one, she didn’t have it named :)

  My husband later on realized there is another reference he remembers of the name Thorn ....this is not so good...it did have Dobermans in the movie - The Omen - the family’s last name was Thorn, as in Damien Thorn. Oh, Boy!! Don’t think many people will remember 

that though.....Whew :)

I think Thorne sounds sophisticated (in an old English style), masculine and brave. I also looked up the name meaning and it says it’s of someone who lives near a thorny bush...lol. Heck, we have tons of those in our yard. 

No comments: